Looking at Docker
While having a quick look at Docker I happened across a slide show presenting Docker starting with its rapid take up.
- Jenkins. An extendable open source continuous integration server
- Travis. (From Wikipedia) In software development, Travis CI is a hosted, distributed continuous integration service used to build and test projects hosted at GitHub.
- Chef. Chef models IT infrastructure and application delivery as code, giving you the power and flexibility to achieve awesomeness.
- Puppet. Puppet Open Source is a flexible, customizable framework available under the Apache 2.0 license designed to help system administrators automate the many repetitive tasks they regularly perform.
- Vagrant. Create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments.
- OpenStack. Open source software for building private and public clouds.
But what is this all about? I’m thinking out loud about about transitioning from classic LAMP in a box applications to elastic applications built admin interface first with functions as web services for responsive apps using the likes of Node.js and Create.js